Will Healy New Coach

I am sure that the Club Lit videos will do as much for recruiting as going to a bowl game. Great to have a coach that gets it.

We’re gonna have to pay will more money if we want to keep him

Seen his name in the vandy and South Carolina hat.

Though I would think Healy would want to at least give us 3 years, SEC money is very good, thought if he took a job like Vandy hard to believe he could get much better than in the top half of the conference, I think he can go as far as conference champions with us… who knows though.

Would be devastating to us if he left before he had a chance to really get things established. I want him to be good enough to get scooped up…because that means we’re having success but after 3years or so.

Otherwise we’re still stuck without an established culture of success or a recruiting pipeline. Those are 2 things Healy can build here. Build it for 3-5 years and it can be sustained after he leaves but before then…uggg

Talked to a coach’s wife tonight. She says they are very happy here. I think we got one more with the Whole staff.

Passing on the first $$$ gig that comes his way and waiting for the right $$$ gig is smart obviously. When the time comes, it wouldn’t be easy turning down $1.5mm-$2mm/yr contract. Heck, he should stay here until Dabo retires.

Healy will leave us at some point for his next step up for sure, but he will insist on taking his entire staff with him, and it would take a bold AD to hire a staff of young guys that had some success at Austin Peay, and then won 8 games at Charlotte (see what I did there?). Not exactly the kind of resume that gives that AD cover if it doesn’t go well. It would be a big risk to hire Healy now. That is why Houston is at ECU and not Chapel Hill or some place like that.

I hope Healey sticks around for many years. I hope desperate ECU doesn’t lure him away with stolen money! Wherever Healey goes, I think I will go too. Nobody should want to go to a shithole like EZU!

Great hire Mike Hill! Fate made it so. Keep building Coach! I think its time Mr. Tepper chip in, because he loves original winners!

Back up the brinks truck

Needs a new long term deal that will require a big buyout when the time comes.

Healy is a great guy and seems to know his stuff, but we just need to enjoy this win and and the next two! He won’t be gone after this season, so no point in worrying about it. If he leaves within the next few years, our profile will be much higher than it was this last round, and we should have a solid pick of coaches to choose from.

In one season Healy has tied Lambert with four FBS wins at Jerry Richardson Stadium.

3 Likes

This thread has taken a suddenly depressing turn after we win our sixth game. We can’t even enjoy these moments because we have to worry about our coach leaving? Really?? Quit raining on the parade.

8 Likes

Really think Healey’s contract is exactly how it should be at this point for a young unproven coach. Lower base salary with incentives for reaching certain goals. After he proves he can maintain success for 2 or 3 years you can give him the bigger guaranteed payday.

Lets not worry about Healy this year unless he beats a decent P5 in the bowl game.

No program that he would leave us for will hire him after one 8 win season in CUSA. I think he could be a superstar head coach but we’re a couple of years from having to worry about that.

I wouldn’t mind seeing him and staff get a bump and extension though (with nice buyout and H&H clause)

3 Likes

What’s his bonus for bowling?

@Agent49 has his contract details. The link I had to it on his website is broken though.

$25k to get bowl game, $30k to win it.

4 Likes

You never saw that before under the previous admin and staff.

1 Like