Willie Clayton - 2012 PF - Signed LOI

He would be a huge get and would have one year of learning under our current big men before he becomes ‘the man’. Would like to see him at the 4 with E Vic at the 3. I like reading about his style of play…

do you know when he is going to make a decision?

GTG interview asked him and he said he did not know yet.

i hope we get this guy! he just sounds like the sort of player i think major has in mind!!! could be wrong on both counts, but i doubt it seriously.

http://www.collegebball365.com/One_on_One.html

[font=geneva][size=1.45em]Brian: You recently went on a visit to Charlotte, how did you like it?[/size][/font] [size=1.45em]Willie: It went well. I played with the guys and against the guys and I just fit right in the picture.[/size]

[quote=“Chisox17, post:46, topic:24598”]

[font=geneva][size=1.45em]Brian: You recently went on a visit to Charlotte, how did you like it?[/size][/font]
[size=1.45em]Willie: It went well. I played with the guys and against the guys and I just fit right in the picture.[/size]
[/quote]
Me gusta

CLT! One less character :slight_smile:

ranked 43 overall on maxpreps. if we sign him, thats the ranking im going with.

I’ll be ecstatic if we can land him.

It would be nice if he could grow an inch or two. For some reason when I see 6’8 or higher beside the letters PF, it makes me feel better.

[quote=“Niner National, post:50, topic:24598”]I’ll be ecstatic if we can land him.

It would be nice if he could grow an inch or two. For some reason when I see 6’8 or higher beside the letters PF, it makes me feel better.
[/quote
most of the articles have him listed as 6’8" but i see your point.[/quote]

Hey guys just wanted to let you know I did an interview with Willie Clayton over the weekend, after his visit to Charlotte. Here’s the link. http://www.collegebball365.com/One_on_One.html It should be right after the Semaj Christon interview, just scroll down

It has already been posted in the Willie Clayton thread.

Thanks for the interview! Clayton would be a good get for us and it sounds fairly promising at the moment.

Thanks bflinn! People may have missed it in that thread, so I’m glad it got posted again. Come on Willie, choose Niner Nation!!

Yea I wasn’tt sure if it got posted or not so I just wanted to put it out there for everyone to read

i want to read that he’s given us a firm verbal!

[quote=“bflinn33, post:55, topic:24598”]Brian: You recently went on a visit to charlotte, how did you like it?

Willie: It went well. I played with the guys and against the guys and I just fit right in the picture.[/quote]

Was EVN there?

I dont know if that was the case, I’ve heard multiple reports that they are close, He could be instrumental in signing him

Thanks and nice work on the interview!

clemson would be a terrific place to land if you like ruckus saturday afternoons during the fall and great tractor-pulls every weekend, year-round. but after thomasville, i think willie might be looking for a little something more.