Youngsown Postgame

Would a 6 game win streak negate a 6 game losing streak?

Good point. Vazquez is 6-6, 190. Harris is 5-9 175. Damn.

Vazquez is a beast from Venezuela. Led the ACC in assists last year. He leads the Terps in scoring, averaging 17 points a game. The emphasis will be on the PG. I hope we have a plan to help Harris and contain Vazquez. The man is a baller.

He’s also streaky as ****.

Is that Dave Chappelle?

[QUOTE=metro;371786]I suspect Dewey will be on him alot. There is no way Harris can defend him, its a 8 inch difference.[/QUOTE]Good point. I expect to see the same thing.

Would a 6 game win streak negate a 6 game losing streak?
no .500 still sucks

anything below a .66% is brutal (especially against our SOS)

This is an interesting comment I've heard from a few people. But let me ask - is it better that they think he is? I don't think he missed a single shot from the field yesterday (that didn't at least result in a foul).

So - the question is do we want tight coverage on harris bc of his scoring threat, or do we want teams to be lax on him so that he can occasionally come out and do what he did today? It really goes either way, for obvious reasons, I’m just interested to see what everyone else thinks.

I think you answered your own question. Ideally, if he’s open you hope he can hit the shot. If defenses play him tight, you hope he can create plays for his teammates.

[QUOTE=49erDrummer;371796]Is that Dave Chappelle?[/QUOTE]

Jeff Teague looks like a bug from a Pixar cartoon. None of his pictures do it justice, but he is goofy lookin’.

He can play though.

He must have realized something. 3 wins in a row, 2 on the road. we could drop 150 on UNC-CH and you'd complain about the trainer or something.

I think you may complain more than my grandma.

:smile:

Jeff Teague looks like a bug from a Pixar cartoon. None of his pictures do it justice, but he is goofy lookin'.
[IMG]http://mm.news-record.com/drupal/files/imagecache/zoom_view/files/Images/Wake_s_Jeff_Teague__left__goes_inside_for_a_shot_against_Du.jpeg[/IMG]

Hehe, can we start a Jeff Teague fan club?

Jeff Teague looks like a bug from a Pixar cartoon. None of his pictures do it justice, but he is goofy lookin'.

He can play though.

I think he was talking about the guy in the bottom picture.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;371811]I think he was talking about the guy in the bottom picture.[/QUOTE]

Who cares? I wanna talk about Teague.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;371810]

Hehe, can we start a Jeff Teague fan club?[/QUOTE]

hahaha

Word. But Jeff Teague is still goofy looking. :tongue:

Still, bonus points for whoever can identity the Dave Chapelle guy. Looks like international basketball.

I was. Good lookin’ out

[QUOTE=gotLutz;371788]Good point. Vazquez is 6-6, 190. Harris is 5-9 175. Damn.[/QUOTE]

Vasquez murdered us last year. We managed to contain Trevor Booker after he dropped 35 on us last year (just 8 this year). Hopefully we can do that to Vasquez…and win.

thx wooden

we have won 3 in a row - 2 qaulity wins…
I agree we lack in alot of things that are Lutz’ fault, but damn can you not save the rants for losses?

Good Lord Metro, you’re getting worse than NA. Are you the only one that gets to rant when you see it fits the situation? Why don’t you go talk some more smack about McKillop while calling for Lutz to get another extention? You are such the basketball guru. If you try really really hard you can blame the bad defense on Judy Rose. I realize you’re the only person on the board with inside intel, LOL, but I’m telling you, your boy Bobby Lutz wasn’t happy with this win. They gave up 80 points to one of the worst teams in the country. If I’m supposed to be happy with that, maybe I do need to think about what we have become and where we’re going. Maybe I expect too much. Maybe I should quit donating, buying and caring. That would be the easy way out.

Good Lord Metro, you're getting worse than NA. Are you the only one that gets to rant when you see it fits the situation? Why don't you go talk some more smack about McKillop while calling for Lutz to get another extention? You are such the basketball guru. If you try really really hard you can blame the bad defense on Judy Rose. I realize you're the only person on the board with inside intel, LOL, but I'm telling you, your boy Bobby Lutz wasn't happy with this win. They gave up 80 points to one of the worst teams in the country. If I'm supposed to be happy with that, maybe I do need to think about what we have become and where we're going. Maybe I expect too much. Maybe I should quit donating, buying and caring. That would be the easy way out.

News flash. Your opponent will score many points when you score in triple digits. We dominated this game, maintained a solid 20-25 point lead throughout, never letting Youngstown back in the game. Don’t be silly.

I’ll also add that Butler beat Youngstown by 8, Maryland beat em by 24, Kent State beat em by 8, Buffalo beat em by 8.

We beat them by 20.

Again, enough silly.

Word. But Jeff Teague is still goofy looking. :tongue:

Still, bonus points for whoever can identity the Dave Chapelle guy. Looks like international basketball.

That dude’s name is Jermaine Anderson. He plays for Canada. He actually played for Fordham in the 05-06 season. But anywho here is the link:
http://www.basketball.ca/en/hm/inside.php?sid=149&id=1494
(in his team photo in the link, he really does look a lot like dave chappelle)

Wasn’t at the game, out of the country. Saw the boxscore and the attendance said 5,892. If thats right that is amazing. I wasn’t expecting more than 2k there tops.

Wasn't at the game, out of the country. Saw the boxscore and the attendance said 5,892. If thats right that is amazing. I wasn't expecting more than 2k there tops.

That is pretty accurate. I was impressed with the crowd for a 12/21 game considering classes were over etc. I wonder if we will have a similar crowd for 12/30?

That is pretty accurate. I was impressed with the crowd for a 12/21 game considering classes were over etc. I wonder if we will have a similar crowd for 12/30?

No. The box score will say something like high 4,000s. But there should be no more than 2,000 in the Arena. The week between Christmas and New Year’s,bad.