2023 Football Recruiting Thread

Random, does anyone know if Stone Handy is still on the team? Didnā€™t play at all last season after arriving from the Big Ten. Always saw him on the sideline and he looked like he was dying to play but wasnā€™t cleared. Journey man from a few schools, maybe biff will like his game.

I do not know but Iā€™d love to find a way to get him eligible. He seems like the kind of guy Poggi could reach.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Hope Handy is still with team. Pretty sure iIsaac Washington is still with team and Holley is still with team so some good return players.

1 Like

This is likely a PWO situation.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Will Healy Fired

37 have reported

1 Like
1 Like

Thatā€™s not a great highlight tape imo. Kinda like basketball where a player makes all of his shots well this qb made some poor passes.

1 Like

Are you sure about the 37? They would have pretty much all have been transfers to be here now. We got a lot but not that many.

1 Like

Lots of throws weā€™re behind the receivers. Def give him a fair shot though and see what he has to offer. I do think itā€™ll be a good QB battle.

Yeah. It needs some work and coaching. However, you cannot coach 6ā€™3 and a 4.3.-4.4 40. With a big nasty running game being the focus, he might only need to find and hit one open receiver occasionally.

I am very much interested in the other QB that committed earlier

2 Likes

Are you referring to the incoming freshman QB?

Carson Black? He looks like a good prospect, but doubt he will be in the mix this season as a freshman.

Yes. I would not rule anyone out until we see them on the field in competition. Some guys elevate

1 Like

I expect Carson Black to be the future.

But I hope he plays in a max of four games and redshirts so he can maximize his overall potential.

1 Like

I donā€™t know him well enough, but like I said last year, 3rd string qbā€™s can earn starter consideration if they play well in any real game. I donā€™t care how old, experienced, tall, fastā€¦put the best man out there to make us competitive and that will get us to a bowl. If we donā€™t have 2 of those guys, itā€™s a huge concern. If we donā€™t have one, the season would be a huge failure.

1 Like

clt expects Reynolds to be back in the fall with a mustache

3 Likes

Yall know this was his Junior year of High school :smile:

1 Like

Nice to see Poggi offer someone in his backyard from North Meck!

4 Likes