Will Healy Fired

Yup, FCS head coach, position coach, or some some of analyst job (like Sabanā€™s Disciples but elsewhere) are his 3 paths.

2 Likes

Heā€™s got almost 2 million reasons not to. Heā€™s super young, has kids he can be a more present dad towards. I can see him waiting until his buyout is almost over to take up a coaching role

I would think he needs to jump back in soon. The longer he is out the further back what success he has had is/. If he wants a head job itā€™s gonna have to be FCS.

I think heā€™s probably realizing his limited options. Probably doesnā€™t want a position coach role at a P5 or even G5 level, but also doesnā€™t want to step back down to the FCS ranks. His resume is a weird one.

IMO he needs to swallow his pride take the P5 position coach role, learn recruiting better, learn X and Os better and be prepared to move up the ranks in a more traditional way now.

clt hopes the best for him. maybe a qb coach at a SEC school?

He wants a media relations job at Clemson

1 Like

I wonder what Healy thinks as he is watching all of this unfold

Donald Duck Money GIF

2 Likes

Will seemed to take the firing personally. His comments on the radio clearly showed he felt wronged. I know some folks who were friends of Willā€™s and they said he was pretty upset. So while he might be getting paid I am sure he is watching all of this unfold like someone would when an ex goes and gets married.

1 Like

Well, maybe he should have treated his ex better.

Will was a gamble, and we lost. Biff is also a gamble, but by the looks of it, he has succeeded at everything he has ever done. Some people just donā€™t know how to fail. I feel much better about the Biff hire than I did about the Healy hire. Both were WTF hires the days the news broke.

6 Likes

Agreed. Forcing players to show positive body language and filming them during practice to critique seems less important than creating a positive environment where players are genuinely excited and show it naturally.

Transactional versus Transformative.

Best of luck to Healy. But this 2023 class is a historical and this fan base is excited in a way we havenā€™t seen since 2013. I could frankly care less what Healy feels or thinks. He was a rough draft of a head coach who set the program backwards.

I liked Will but he basically fired himself by putting a sorry ass product out on the field. You donā€™t get torched by a bad team like FIU on homecoming. The team wasnā€™t prepared and some of the better players (ex. Camp) didnā€™t see playing time which is a poor reflection on Healy and his staff.

12 Likes

Iā€™ve known many people in my life that have been let go from pretty good positions of employment. Iā€™ve only known one that admitted he had it coming.

Of course Healy thought he was wronged, itā€™s human nature

2 Likes

He also thought he would win the last 4 games.

2 Likes

Made out like a bandit!

1 Like

I mean on one side dont you always want a coach that thinks he an win? On the other side gotta have a coach that understands you have to do some hard work to win too - it aint all feel good stuff.

If Healy was as good as he thought he was, he would already be on a staff somewhere. He is a good person, I have no doubt, but really lacked football coaching skills to be somewhere above high school level.

1 Like

He got us to our first bowl game and win over a P5 team, so he wasnā€™t all bad. It was just time to move on.

5 Likes

Wouldnā€™t Brad Lambert have a lot to do with that?

4 Likes

Yeah, they both did

2 Likes

Whatever happened to W Keith Friedman anyway? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: