2023 Football Recruiting Thread

Very happy with the Jones commitment. I also believe it could be an intense battle for QB1 like was stated above.

hell it would not shock me if foster won the job.

I would be shocked

3 Likes

That’s an impressive 40 time in HS when he was 6-4 203 lb. I wonder how close he is to this now.

clt says he tested in Charlotte?

Stats are fairly underwhelming from last year. Not quite the splash we were hoping for.

3 Likes

That Bethune Cookman logo makes my eyes hurt.

2 Likes

Stats don’t tell the story. If the offensive design, offensive line, and skill position players were not to the talent level of the conference, the QB numbers will suffer greatly. I would put my faith that the staff watched his film elected to pursue him based on what they saw on film and not his stats.

We don’t need a QB who will throw 60 times in an air raid offense. It’s not going to be what he’s asked to do. I assume the staff wanted a mobile QB who is a running threat to keep the safety in the box who can also throw an accurate deep ball. While there were bigger names out there, I will trust the staff’s evaluation of talent until they give me a reason not to.

3 Likes

We are at 48 recruits…

3 Likes

Any idea how many of those reported this semester?

Excited for the new QB commit. I think Poggi wants to dominate the lines, be physical and run the ball efficiently and control the clock, and he knows this QB from HS. Only thing that worries me is he has had a few labrum injuries.

Also, is it possible we bring in another transfer QB?

3 Likes

Random, does anyone know if Stone Handy is still on the team? Didn’t play at all last season after arriving from the Big Ten. Always saw him on the sideline and he looked like he was dying to play but wasn’t cleared. Journey man from a few schools, maybe biff will like his game.

I do not know but I’d love to find a way to get him eligible. He seems like the kind of guy Poggi could reach.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Hope Handy is still with team. Pretty sure iIsaac Washington is still with team and Holley is still with team so some good return players.

1 Like

This is likely a PWO situation.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Will Healy Fired

37 have reported

1 Like
1 Like

That’s not a great highlight tape imo. Kinda like basketball where a player makes all of his shots well this qb made some poor passes.

1 Like

Are you sure about the 37? They would have pretty much all have been transfers to be here now. We got a lot but not that many.

1 Like