John Cannon - 2011 C

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:39, topic:23425”][quote=“Niner National, post:36, topic:23425”]If we could get a guy like Karron Johnson, I’d take a JUCO over a 4 year guy in a heart beat.

Johnson is a legit talent that could contribute immediately.[/quote]

You guys ever heard of Phillip Jurick, former Tennesse signee. He’s 6-11, 275. Interesting statline…

10.5 points per game

12.7 rebound per game

9.6 blocks per game :o

1.8 assist per game

69 % FG

26% Free throws :))[/quote]

I try not to make pointlessly obvious comments in threads, but HOLY $H!T

per RecruitSpotligh on twitter:

John Cannon’s top two schools are ODU and Georgia, but ODU told him he must decide by the final four, Seth Greenberg to visit him next week.

Are we even recruiting this guy?

Flame away, but our current state of basketball recruiting is pitiful. Outside of Nickerson and maybe transfer Mayfield…not much to look at. Hell we can’t even get an all state kid anymore. I thought Major supposedly was a big time recruiter with connections. Not seeing it so far.

Hrmmmph, Henry was once a 4 star recruit that was knocked down as soon as VCU got him. Marquette offered Thorne, guess they aren’t good.

Pitiful best describes Lutz recruiting, not the current regimes.

I wish at this point we had another guy who could play the 4 or 5, but I haven’t been this excited about a class in a while.

Im not sure what you’re comparing us to, but our class, so far has been the best we’ve had since joining the A10. We need to finish out strong, but when we do, I bet it will be one of the top A10 classes.

scratches head I don’t know that we’ve had a better incoming class since we’ve been in the A-10.

Agree. I lost what little optimism remaining when Thorne and Nickerson’s teams won state titles. They need to focus on individuals statistics and putting in the kind of work necessary to earn all-state/POY instead of being good teammates.

I think you win for stupidest post of the day. How excited were you for Jarvis Davis? Or the non-existent players that were coming in for 2010?

Agree. I lost what little optimism remaining when Thorne and Nickerson’s teams won state titles. They need to focus on individuals statistics and putting in the kind of work necessary to earn all-state/POY instead of being good teammates.[/quote]

Yeah, I don’t want guys who play good as a team, why on earth would that be important in a team sport? /sarcasm

[quote=“max, post:45, topic:23425”]Flame away, but our current state of basketball recruiting is pitiful. Outside of Nickerson and maybe transfer Mayfield…not much to look at. Hell we can’t even get an all state kid anymore. I thought Major supposedly was a big time recruiter with connections. Not seeing it so far.[/quote]hey, max. snuf it out and go get a PBJ or something. drink some water. the tomato juice thing doesn’t work.
anyway…hope you feel better in the morning.
wish i could give you a big-hug-good-night!
tomorrow will seem brighter.

Considering the limited time Major had, I think he gets an “A-” for his recruiting efforts. a majority of the 2011 recruiting class had already verbally committed before he was even hired.

I know that people don’t like to see us called Mid-Major, but I believe we were ranked in the top 10 for mid-major recruiting classes before Henry even signed.

I think it is a solid class considering our recent history and our location in comparison to the conference we are in. The A10 is a solid league, but it’s gotta be a tough sell to get a southern prospect to commit to a school with a shaky 5 years in a conference filled with northern private schools and little television exposure.

Don’t look for Cannon to happen, most likely going ACC or SEC.

I actually would love a long standing state of recruiting thread where most of these comments could be moved to if 2k or one of the site mods could do that.

As far as Cannon if we have a defection from the current roster I would love to make a harder push for him. I think we need an impact pf or c to complement a hopefully improved Braswell and Sherrill after a full off season with the new staff, and although long term Thorne and Cannon (if he chooses Charlotte) will have an impact on the program I don’t think it will happen next year.

Odd mix of schools. UGA, ODU, Northwestern, and walk-on at UNC. http://blogs2.citizen-times.com/hshuddle/

Unfortunate. i actually really wanted Cannon. He’s been a phenomenal shot blocker in HS and his scoring numbers from that article are more impressive than I expected.

Not saying he couldn’t be developed into a decent post player but currently Cannon is playing against very weak competition and nobody near his height. Not a huge loss if we don’t get him.