More sokool recruiting threadcrapping

Great get for MajorOliver. Always good to have some credibility on paper. No reason for the 49ers not to be NCAA dancing in 2015 right? Certainly gives Major another year of next year banners to keep the NNN crew fiending . :)) Par for the course. BTW have any of you seen these guys perform at the D1 level. Last time I checked Braxton, Sullivan, and Cherry avg a whopping 5pts collectively. :eek: Keep Watching :wink:

Now thatā€™s a back-handed compliment if Iā€™ve ever seen one.

But he will get to have this team without doing nothingā€¦ I know I know, canā€™t leave it at that, Iā€™m still on the wait and see how we do this year fenceā€¦[/quote]

He hasnā€™t shown he deserves an extension just because of one recruit coming in. Iā€™m still not convinced he knows how to coach the players he brings in.[/quote]

Or keep them. MajorOliver took a 19 win team with 4 proven D1 vets and an A-10 All Conf player (Spears) returning and blew it. He had 1 preseason A-10 All Conf (Derrio) and another All Conf player (Braz) and reduced them to nothing. Breakup to makeup is not a recipe for success. Chemistry wins championships.

But he will get to have this team without doing nothingā€¦ I know I know, canā€™t leave it at that, Iā€™m still on the wait and see how we do this year fenceā€¦[/quote]

He hasnā€™t shown he deserves an extension just because of one recruit coming in. Iā€™m still not convinced he knows how to coach the players he brings in.[/quote]

Or keep them. MajorOliver took a 19 win team with 4 proven D1 vets and an A-10 All Conf player (Spears) returning and blew it. He had 1 preseason A-10 All Conf (Derrio) and another All Conf player (Braz) and reduced them to nothing. Breakup to makeup is not a recipe for success. Chemistry wins championships.[/quote] OH MY FREAKIN" GOD. Get over it, already. People have family members die, they get split with their spouse, they go through bankruptcy, etc etc. They get over those things and move on. Just do it.

[quote=ā€œ49ersShuffler, post:3, topic:27779ā€]Or keep them. MajorOliver took a 19 win team with 4 proven D1 vets and an A-10 All Conf player (Spears) returning and blew it. He had 1 preseason A-10 All Conf (Derrio) and another All Conf player (Braz) and reduced them to nothing. Breakup to makeup is not a recipe for success. Chemistry wins championships.[/quote] Braswell had by far his best year playing for Major (junior season). But carry on.

Or keep them. MajorOliver took a 19 win team with 4 proven D1 vets and an A-10 All Conf player (Spears) returning and blew it. He had 1 preseason A-10 All Conf (Derrio) and another All Conf player (Braz) and reduced them to nothing. Breakup to makeup is not a recipe for success. Chemistry wins championships.[/quote] OH MY FREAKIN" GOD. Get over it, already. People have family members die, they get split with their spouse, they go through bankruptcy, etc etc. They get over those things and move on. Just do it.[/quote]

Coach Major, when did you join NNN?

Exactly ā€¦ goes from A-10 All-Con as a junior under Major to All-Nothing as a senior under Major.

Or keep them. MajorOliver took a 19 win team with 4 proven D1 vets and an A-10 All Conf player (Spears) returning and blew it. He had 1 preseason A-10 All Conf (Derrio) and another All Conf player (Braz) and reduced them to nothing. Breakup to makeup is not a recipe for success. Chemistry wins championships.[/quote] OH MY FREAKIN" GOD. Get over it, already. People have family members die, they get split with their spouse, they go through bankruptcy, etc etc. They get over those things and move on. Just do it.[/quote]

Coach Major, when did you join NNN?[/quote] Good one! Obviously youā€™ve forgotten that nothing animates Alan. Donā€™t think he would react to Sokool. :smiley:

Coach Major, when did you join NNN?[/quote] Good one! Obviously youā€™ve forgotten that nothing animates Alan. Donā€™t think he would react to Sokool. :D[/quote]

Was never a Major fan from day 1 and still not. Not on the Bobby bandwagon either. Coaching is still obviously the biggest need for our team. I believe the program is headed in the right direction but it definately gets frustrating watching solid playes leave after 1 year and 2 years respectively. Still a solid pickup here.

[quote=ā€œ49ersShuffler, post:7, topic:27779ā€]Exactly ā€¦ goes from A-10 All-Con as a junior under Major to All-Nothing as a senior under Major.[/quote] That actually doesnā€™t support your point at all. How did he make ā€œAll-conā€ his junior year under Major?

Major had not recruited anyone who could even remotely play the post. As soon as he got some avg freshman post players he sat an all conf senior (Braz) down cut his min by 10 which consequently lower his effectiveness. And then the freshman he gave Braz min to transfers after the season. Cmon man Alan Major just is not a smart coach.

Only a fool dodges the truth when its thrown at em. You seem to enjoy that.

iā€™m not dodging it but you never back up anything you say you just defend your buddies because you donā€™t like major. iā€™m sorry he disiplines players who act like jerks. i know how you donā€™t like that. back up your statements about these claims you make. please. what is your proof? you just come in here and bring your bias because you donā€™t like major. i have followed this program for a while and i, as well as a lot of other fans, were tired of bobby ball. tired of the chuckers, the midget backcourts, tired of the lousy three point defense. am i sold on major? absolutely not but i definitely think he is a big upgrade over bobby.

Major won 8 conf games his best year Bobby won 9 the year he got fired. Where is the upgrade?

No, are you ā€¦ because iā€™ve never ever said that.[/quote]I couldā€™ve sworn you agreed with his momā€™s version of the story about Briscoe meeting with the coaches on here. Is that not true?

I do remember some comments on an observer article by someone going by the name ā€œdmvā€ that used your writing style and brought up a lot of the same things you did. Hard to believe thereā€™s two Niner fans who write like this, but I suppose itā€™s possible.

Major had not recruited anyone who could even remotely play the post. As soon as he got some avg freshman post players he sat an all conf senior (Braz) down cut his min by 10 which consequently lower his effectiveness. And then the freshman he gave Braz min to transfers after the season. Cmon man Alan Major just is not a smart coach.[/quote]But how did Braswell become so good his junior year then? If Major is such a terrible coach, if chaos was everywhere, how does this happen? Your argument is inconsistent.

major has had to rebuild the mess bobby left us in.

Only a fool dodges the truth when its thrown at em. You seem to enjoy that.[/quote]Great point because this wasnā€™t the strongest year the A10 had since we joined.

please, guys. canā€™t we discipline ourselves to resist jacking up a response to sokool/whoever? i suggest that the next one to do it be benched. or at least not allowed to ever again post a disparaging comment about any player who launches a stupid three!

I am very happy with the Ogbueze signing, as well as Sullivan and some of the other guys Major has brought in----but, that last sentence is a bit much. It could be proven true eventually,but right now is definitely not a given.